The marketing visual is a strategy that uses visual elements, images or videos, to communicate something specific about a company or brand in order to make advertising more shocking for the audience. It is also called visual marketing.
Visual marketing helps to communicate, seduce, retain and build trust through visual elements.
Origins of visual marketing
The origin of visual marketing dates back to the 60s, when the work written by Susan Sontag, Notes on Camp, affirmed that the object is not interesting as such, but its representation and its symbolism in the eyes of those who observe it.
Elements of visual marketing
There are more and more options that can be used as visual elements, among which the following stand out:
- Videos: They are used to impact more on the user.
- Images: They can be used as an image for a post, promotional advertisement, event advertisement, among others.
- Animated gifs.
- Screenshots (for tutorials).
- Video tutorials.
Visual content online is growing and is introduced on many platforms. It is very useful and is used more and more by the community managers who manage the social networks of a company and use these elements to attract users and differentiate the brand for which they work. Likewise, bloggers write valuable content and illustrate it with visual elements that attract more attention.
Likewise, marketers use images as support for their website or blog, and companies see visual content as a positive ally to reach and influence more consumers.
Highlights from the use of visual marketing
An image is faster to capture than any other format. Recent studies by neurologists confirm the following figures:
- 90% of all the information that comes to the brain is visual.
- 70% of the sensory receptors are in the eyes.
- The visual is better captured, because the brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than text.
- You can understand the meaning of a visual element in less than 1/10 of a second.
- The visual illuminates the areas of the brain responsible for the deepest feelings. It targets the most primitive or subconscious being and inspires powerful emotions.
- The user no longer reads, scans, since the information on the Internet is processed in the form of a v from top to bottom.