What Is Abandon Rate? Definition of Abandon Rate, Abandon Rate Meaning and Concept
The abandonment rate is that which refers to the abandonment carried out by a user when visiting a website , without even browsing any of the pages or sections that make it up. It is a very useful data that serves to assess the bounce rate and try to solve this problem.
The abandonment rate is one of the data that is taken into account to know the number of users who leave a website. It is also a term that is used to indicate the number of clients who stop counting or acquiring the services of a company.
The appearance and establishment of the Internet , as well as new technologies , has changed the social and business paradigm that exists. Companies make use of online advertising and have a presence on the Internet, even through their own corporate website.
This means that brands are aware of how users behave when they visit their page. There is data as important as knowing the number of individuals who browse the web or leave it. In the latter case, we talk about the bounce rate or abandonment rate.
E-commerce stores take this fact into account, since on many occasions they can find users who have left the page without completing the purchases they were making.
What are the most important reasons why users leave a website?
Several can be given, but the main ones are the following:
- The process that occurs in an electronic commerce can be too long and tedious. For this reason, the user decides not to buy and abandon the cart to their fate.
- The web can take a long time to open and people who wanted to access it decide to go to the competition. It is very important that a website is opened as soon as possible.
- Another viable option is that customers who are about to place an order on a website, realize that the shipping costs are higher than expected and decide to reverse the process.
- The poor usability of a page can be another reason to abandon it. A user wants to navigate in an accessible way and find the elements they are looking for without complications. If this does not happen, please leave the website immediately.
Why is it important to know the abandonment rate?
This data is very important, since it allows us to know for sure the number of users who leave a website for electronic commerce without purchasing anything. In this case, it is necessary to assess between those who do not buy anything and those who leave the cart abandoned, but had chosen items.
Not only is the abandonment rate taken into account in an electronic commerce, but this information is also used to know the bounce rate on a website, when users do not browse any more page, except for the one on which they have landed. They end up finally leaving.
Companies have a series of specific metrics related to the rate of abandonment in order to take into account these statistics and take measures to improve those data.
How to avoid the abandonment rate?
A series of guidelines must be taken into account to try to prevent users from leaving a page. The most prominent are these:
- If a website takes too long to load, it will surely result in users abandoning it. Therefore, it is of the utmost importance to take care of this detail so that it opens quickly.
- Improving the usability and structure of a page are two things to take into account when creating it, since it will influence the users who visit it. If a person accesses a website and has trouble understanding how it is structured and cannot access what they are looking for in a matter of seconds, they will leave the page immediately.
- Creating good content is another thing that must be done. In addition, it must be relevant information that draws the user's attention and provides data of incalculable value.
- In the case of electronic commerce, it is highly recommended to prepare product sheets that are striking and explanatory. In addition, shortening the sales process as much as possible and ensuring that shipping costs are not excessive will be details to keep in mind to prevent users from leaving the page they are browsing.