A frequent customer is the person who buys regularly and repeatedly because he is satisfied with the goods and services offered by the company.
For any company, keeping the frequent customer is very important because they are customers that maintain the level of sales of the companies, as well as their income, stable. In addition, companies know that it is cheaper to keep loyal customers than to find new customers.
The marketing should focus on developing and especially retain customers that are profitable, it should be understood that a customer who is lost not only means losing a sale, but the loss of all future purchases.
Keeping these customers is a difficult task, as in most markets customers have an abundance of company, product, and brand offerings. For this reason, companies must focus all their marketing efforts to offer them a superior offer and thus achieve loyalty, maintaining their preference frequently and regularly.
Process to create a customer
1. Focus on the target market
No company, no matter how large and well positioned it is, can assume that it can sell its product to everyone, for them you must select your target market.
- With this step you can now more appropriately target your potential customers, by doing a proper market research you will be able to know what they need, what they buy, how they buy, where and when these customers buy; this way you can identify the best customers.
2. Attracting customers through communication
You can use all the tools such as advertising, mail, telemarketing and any technological application that allows us to contact potential customers.
3. Customer rating
We must understand that not all potential customers are valuable, the really important thing is to find the best prospects and maximize efforts to get them to buy from us and become frequent customers.
- With this, a long-term commitment is achieved so that companies serve this type of customer in a special way to retain them.
- It may be that this process implies a high cost for the company, but this becomes insignificant if we consider the permanent profits that will be obtained from these clients.
4. Keep customers for life:
The most advanced and developed companies know that the most important thing is to keep customers for life, not just to get new ones. These customers become safe and loyal customers for the company, so the company must give them adequate follow-up at all stages of the process.
- The probability that a customer continues to buy from us is related to the satisfaction obtained in their first shopping experience. But even so, a satisfied customer easily changes supplier or supplier if it offers him greater satisfaction.
- Only if they are fascinated are they less likely to want to try another provider.
How to achieve customer loyalty?
1. Maintain a link with the customer
This implies having direct contact with the client, but doing it in an appropriate way so that the client does not feel invaded or harassed.
- One of the most common means to achieve this is using email, but now companies use CRM strategies in their different applications.
- In order to know their buying patterns and their behavior, with this, a better integration of sales strategies, marketing tools and customer service can be done.
If you are offered unique and special benefits, we will ensure that the client is pleased, feels special and does not see the need to change to the competition, maintaining the continuity of purchases with the company.
- In this regard, vip cards and special gifts are widely used.
3. Personalization of products and services
Personalization makes the client feel like they belong to the company, because it allows them to feel like someone important and very special to the company. Since the company if it knows its client well, it provides a personalized treatment and offer that individualizes the experience and the client feels very proud.
4. Brand positioning
The positioning of the brand is more important when we want to achieve the repurchase of products that are of durable use, because as the demand is very spaced, it is more difficult to get the customer to return to buy, the same does not happen with perishable or disposable products.}
Finally, we must say that for a loyalty program to be successful it will depend on how well we know our consumers, because if we give them the incentives that they expect and want, they will be pleased with the delivery.
All companies try to implement programs to maintain the level of customer loyalty, since they have already become aware that the mistake has been that marketing has focused on attracting new customers. The focus is on managing to retain customers and convert them into loyal or loyal customers, relying more on an exchange of relationships, not just transactions. For that reason relationship marketing occupies a privileged place in modern and innovative companies.