What is Marketing Management Guidelines? Definition, Meaning and Concept
The concept of marketing management guidelines refers to the guidelines that are taken into account to create and plan an effective marketing strategy.
Marketing has evolved a lot during all these years. Although before the actions were aimed at the offline world, the boom in new technologies and the Internet has expanded the possibilities even more.
There are various orientations guided by the marketing management of a business. But, even within those categories there has been an evolution over the years. An evolution motivated by the explosion of the entire digital sector and the high competition between companies that target the same sector with similar products.
Types of Marketing Management Orientations
The following orientations of the marketing management stand out:
- Orientation of the direction to the product: In this case what is sought is as a priority to improve the production system. This occurs when a company dominates the market and the competition does not give it problems or overshadow it. Therefore, in this case the objective is to always improve the product to be better positioned.
- Orientation of management to the market: Here the essential thing is to study the market and know what it demands. Know the tastes of the ideal client to create the products and the related strategy to conquer this type of public.
- Orientation of management to sales: When there is great competition and there is a price war, it is common to establish strategies related to this issue. Lower prices, rebates, discounts are options that are considered within this option in order to compete in a market where many companies want to gain control of the audience.
- Orientation of management to production: In this case the demand is to acquire immediate products, not so much to provide quality as immediacy. That means producing much more and with low costs because the products will have lower costs in the market.
- Orientation of management to the digital sector: The orientation is totally directed to the digital business. It is about taking advantage of everything that having a product on the internet offers. They are businesses that want to have an online store, blogs to make a living from them, monetized pages and also use only digital actions to position themselves against their competition.
These are some of the options that predominate, but the digital evolution, the current competition and the change in the markets are decisive factors so that they vary at any time and others appear.