What is Marketing Automation? Definition of Marketing Automation, Marketing Automation Meaning and Concept
Marketing automation is the process by which, using digital platforms, or specific programs for it, the phases to achieve the final sale of a product are automated.
The irruption of the internet and new technologies has caused a totally different panorama in the business sector over the years.
The different existing digital platforms and automation programs have allowed many processes to be automated in order to sell products.
If before all this work was carried out manually, now the human being does not intervene when carrying out these processes.
The goal of marketing automation is to streamline processes, massively develop campaigns, and also generate conversions. This allows that while various processes are automated within a company, time can be invested in other actions such as finding new clients, creating new services, among other aspects.
Why use marketing automation?
These are the most prominent reasons to bet on this option:
- Save time. It is a priority for a business since various actions can be carried out without the need to constantly intervene since they have previously been configured to be done in an automated way.
- The automations allow to know in detail how the processes are working, and to make measurements on them.
- Thanks to this option, it is possible to implement complex marketing actions that would be more complicated to carry out if there were no specific platforms and programs that allow automation.
- Saving money. They allow costs to be saved in processes such as recruitment, and sales since by automating it is not necessary for a team to be behind in this aspect if this option is chosen.
What does it take to automate the marketing of a business?
You need to start with the following:
- The first thing is to know the objectives that the company has when carrying out this automation. It does not make sense to try something without having previously established some objectives, needs and initial planning to carry out the automations.
- You have to know what you want to automate and the different options that exist: if you want to work on capturing leads, through landing pages, email marketing through sending personalized emails, events and webinars, offering lead magnet, among others.
- It is important to select the most suitable platforms to carry out what we want.
- High-value content will have to be developed to attract the attention of users, and we will be able to maintain their interest. If we create a lead magnet, or a landing page, for example, we must create content that stands out and is useful for the audience we want to attract.
- You have to define the steps that a client will have to go through to reach the goal we want. They are called funnels, or channels through which it passes.
- You have to define a team, or a person specialized in it, to be in charge of starting this whole process.
- Once the tools and platforms are defined, in addition to the above, the success of these automations can be verified thanks to the reports and records that emerge from them. In this way, the necessary changes or modifications can be assessed in order to verify the results obtained.