What is Lead Generation? Definition of Lead Generation, Lead Generation Meaning and Concept
Lead generation is the process by which a company manages to obtain the contact information of a potential customer. It is associated with the marketing area .
A lead is a concept used specifically in inbound marketing.
It refers to one user of internet has provided their contact details to a particular company. You are considered a potential customer of the company, since you have shown some interest in it by filling in the corresponding form.
How to generate leads?
There are different ways to generate leads. It can be done both online and offline, depending on the strategy used for it. Here we explain some of the ways to achieve it:
- By telephone: Through a call, the data of the potential client can be collected.
- Information points: In these places you can include forms for those who are interested in a certain product.
- Mail: Postal mail is one of the most traditional ways to get leads.
- Press: Printed newspapers are used to attract leads.
- CTA's: A CTA is a virtual button located on a web page that directs you to a data form.
- Email : Emails can include links to generate the lead.
- Discounts: Offering discounts in exchange for a registration on the web.
- Ads: Making use of SEM positioning or advertising on different internet platforms.
- Social networks: By generating interesting content, it will be easier to achieve this conversion of followers.
- Pops-up: It is common to find during browsing on certain websites the appearance of pops-up that facilitate the introduction of our data.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions to certain content are also a useful tool to successfully complete this process.
This is a selection of the main ways to attract leads.
How to increase the rate of lead generation?
In order to increase the conversion into leads, the following strategies can be used:
- Generation of better content: The more complete and interesting the content created, the more people will provide their data.
- Collaborations with companies: Carrying out collaborations with companies with a target audience similar to that of the company that wants to generate leads will simplify the process.
- Attractive design: Improving the design of the document that will collect the information will allow a higher conversion rate.
- Simplify the lead generation process: The simpler the process necessary to provide the data, the higher the generation rate there will be.
In this way, achieving success in lead generation will be easier for the company.
Lead generation example
Let's imagine that we are the managers of a restaurant and we want to increase our database to be able to inform a greater number of people about our dinners with live concerts.
To do this, we will offer a 10% discount on the first dinner to all those customers who provide us with their contact information. In this way, we will complete our database to achieve a greater scope.
In conclusion, lead generation is the process by which the contact details of a person or company are included in the database of a specific company.