Home › Article › Automotive › Jasa
How to Set Up a Mechanical Workshop in Six StepsHow to be successful in a mechanical workshop? There was a time when, to open a successful mechanical workshop , it was enough to have a great knowledge in cars. Now, it is increasingly important to offer values that set you apart from the competition. These six steps will show you how to set up a competitive workshop.
Tips for setting up a standout auto shop
1. Define the services you will provideThe services of a mechanical workshop include oil and lubricant change, alignment and balancing, general mechanics, engine regulation, brake system, suspension, air conditioning, gas exhaust, hydraulic steering, injection systems, etc.
In the past, it was considered that the mechanic had to be a trusted professional of the customer to solve all the problems related to his car. Today, mechanical workshops are specialized and stand out in only some of these services.
2. Choose the teamThe number of workers will depend on the services you will provide in your mechanical workshop. In general, it is essential to have enough people to serve customers, serve the administrative sector, mechanical arrangements, balancing, alignment and the electrical part. The constant training is vital, especially if you're going to spend some business specialties.
3. Define the locationLocation is one of the determining factors for the success of a mechanical workshop. You must take into account issues such as public, population of the surroundings, competition in the region , conditions of the property and access roads. It is interesting to install the mechanical workshop near businesses related to the sector, such as dealers, used car dealers, sheet metal workers, etc.
4. Assemble the structureA garage will always need, at a minimum, a garage with enough space to serve more than one car at a time and an office to receive their owners. In terms of equipment, an oil change ramp, lantern aligner, hydraulic press, welding machine, computerized balancer, tire gauge, car lift, hydraulic jack for transmission case, cleaning machine, etc. are important.
5. Organize the processesThe production processes of a mechanical workshop are: customer service , evaluation and diagnosis , vehicle repair and administration of the business itself. For this last part you have the help of computerized management systems .
A characteristic of a mechanical workshop is that it does not require the constant purchase of raw materials. You must ensure a stock of supplies such as oils, lubricants, replacement parts, etc.
6. Make a differenceThe competition between mechanical workshops, especially in large cities, is enormous. That is why many owners seek to differentiate themselves by specialization .
To add value to the business, you can be a brand representative, go find the car at the customer's house, perform express repair, customization and tuning services, specialize in luxury cars, invest in customer waiting areas and other similar services.
If you have any questions, suggestions or advice on this topic, comment below . Take the opportunity to share this content with your friends, colleagues and collaborators, through social networks.