What Does A Violet Flower Look Like?What does a violet flower look like - Have you ever seen a small plant like an orchid? with a dominant color purple and the smell is fragrant? Maybe what you find is Viola odorata.
This plant is commonly known by the name violet because the color tends to be purple. For those of you who are confused what does a violet flower look like to beautify the garden can consider this medicinal plant because besides beautiful apparently violets can be eaten and its properties are also extraordinary.
What Does A Violet Flower Look Like?
This species is too known as wood violet, English violet, florist's violet, or garden violet. other than that also known as Banafsa, Banafsha, or Banaksa in India. This species is the most perennial plant which flower and hold in a variety of environmental conditions.
- Viola odorata can be identified through the following characteristics:
- the flowers smell nice (aromatic)
- the flowers are generally dark or white violet
- the leaves and flowers as a whole form a rosette from the bottom
- the carpels are like hooks (and don't end with an extra round)
- the leaf stalks have downward hair
- the plant spreads with a spatter (the shoots above the ground)
This annual flowering plant can reach a height of 10-15 cm and spread to 20 - 61 cm.
Violet Flowers BenefitsViolet not only beautify your garden with beautiful colored flowers and beautiful and fragrant, This flower can even be eaten and contains substances which can help improve health and beauty.
What are the benefits of this medicinal plant?
This violet flower powerful overcome problems associated with breathing. Violet flowers have a chemical content which can break down the chest blockage so that breathing returns to relief.
The other conditions are still around the breathing namely sore throat, cough, nasal congestion, bronchitis, tuberculosis, and fever can be cured with the help of violets.
In addition to respiratory problems, other health problems that can be cured among others skin diseases, headaches, insomnia, digestive problems caused by eating wrong, throw gas in the stomach, swelling or inflammation on the stomach or intestine, a stinging feeling in the heart, kidney failure and lack of appetite.
For those of you who have problems with the skin, use violet as a facial cleanser or as a medication for abnormalities in the skin.
With added other herbal ingredients violets are handy asthma, lungs 'damaged by dust', inflammation or swelling in the respiratory tract, symptoms of flu and cough, coughing of the chest and cough.
Urinary problems that can't be controlled by parents, bedwetting, the prostate can be cured by the addition of other ingredients.
In addition to insomnia, if you sleep soundly, violet flowers help you to sleep better.
How to Grow Violet Flowers EasilyViolet Flowers is a kind of flower plant the most commonly planted. This is not without reason, the beauty of the colors produced by Violet flowers indeed able to enhance the appearance of the environment.
This flower is also known as African violet. As the name implies is violet, this flower has a bright purple color that is awesome.
This flower also tends to be easily planted and the treatment is not so complicated. Therefore very good for you to beautify your home page by planting violet seeds in the yard.
Okay, go ahead for those of you who are impatient want to understand how to plant violets, here is the tutorial:
1. Preparing Media PlantingBecause of this violet is an ornamental flower, then later it needs to be planted in a beautiful pot. Why pots?
Because this African violet flower plant is a small grass plant, If planted on the ground directly, then the growth of the stem will spread and less beautiful to look at.
Therefore we choose pots which later violet stem can cover most of the surface of the pot so it looks more beautiful.
For pots used, choose a beautiful bucket pot. Avoid using polybags of black plastic, because it will reduce the beauty display flower later.
2. Preparing the Land of StuffingHow to plant this violet flower it is very easy indeed because this plant is able to live in various types of soil. The important is the soil has a balanced pH level and rich in nutrients, to support the growth of these violets. In order for the soil in the pot not to quickly tune, then it is also important to add other materials like chaff or sawdust.
Mix the manure which has been fermented well on the ground and adds NPK 16-16-16 to the land with a concentration of about 20 grams per pot. Also, mix chaff and sawdust prepared and stir until evenly distributed. A mixture of soil and fertilizer then put into the pot. This violet flower can also be planted by hydroponic methods.
3. Violet Flower NurseryViolet flowers are nourished by artificial vegetative methods namely by way of separation of the tiller. Separation is done very carefully and makes sure the roots are carried away.
Try to don't damage the stem above the root. Once separated then soak the roots in a fungicide solution and systemic bactericides for 10-20 minutes.
This is done to prevent infection (but if not, it does not matter because of the likelihood of plants escaping from bacterial and fungal pathogenic infections).
4. Planting Violet Flower SeedsFor planting violet seeds, you should do in the morning or evening and immediately watered in order to avoid withering by noon.
Make a little bump around the base of the violet plant newly planted to support it temporarily.
Important for you to not immediately provide fertilizer after planting because it can actually turn off the root who have not adapted perfectly.
5. Watering Violet FlowerAfter the planting process is completed, then the next step just stay care. Ornamental plants need to be treated properly in order to produce a view the maximum is beautiful.
One of the treatments for violet ornamental plants is watering. Watering is very important for plant violet flowers, it's just that you need to do it right.
The correct watering on the violet flower is to keep the water content in the potting soil stay balanced (not too dry or too muddy).
Given the original habitat of this plant in Africa, he is able to live well in hot temperatures and a dry (minimal water) environment.
Nor can we watering violets too often. Most people who fail to plant violets because watering it too often (every day) which actually will rot the roots.
Watering on violets determined by observing the soil surface in a pot. If the soil surface looks dry then you can water it (about 5-7 days).
Use loose or automatic irrigation systems sort of fertigation as in plant vegetable fertigasi system or planting hydroponic chilies with paralon.
So that the appearance of the leaves looks fresh and clean then you should clean the leaves from dust by using a hand spray every 2-4 weeks.
6. Supplementary FertilizationFollow-up fertilization did accelerate growth and the development of violet flower plants at the same time enrich it.
Here you can give it once a month. The most important thing from supplementary fertilizer is the level of macro and micronutrient nutrients must be balanced.
Use LOF (Liquid Organic Fertilizer) whose nutritional content is complete. LOF is widely sold in agricultural shops to be watered to the base of the plant. Use the appropriate dosage with the instructions listed on the label.
You can mix POC with NPK 16-16-16 to get more optimal results. What needs to be remembered that the fertilization process is susceptible just done once a month.
7. Spur the FloweringThis violet flower naturally will start flowering after 4-6 months. Furthermore, this plant will flower once every 1-2 months. Well, so that the interest can come out faster and better plant growth.
You can use ZPT Auxin. As we know that Auxin is a growth stimulating hormone in plants. Plants will grow buds quickly and start issuing flowers if stimulated by this hormone.
Use of the hormone auxin you can do around the age of 3 months and above. The effect plants can bloom early and rapid growth in plants. The amount of interest that comes out will also be more.
But the use of this ZPT must be according to the dose stated on the package in order to avoid abnormal growth.
8. Handling of DiseaseDisease will be easy to attack violet plants at high humidity. The main thing is fungus attack (fungus) and pathogenic bacteria.
To prevent it is to not water it too often. Use systemic bactericides and fungicides if symptoms of attack are found like rotten leaves or withered plants suddenly.
Tips for Success in Growing Violet Flowers to SucceedIn addition to the above tutorial, we will also give some tips for planting violets for you to succeed. Here are tips for successful planting of violet flowers:
- Expand organic fertilizer as basic fertilizer
- Don't flush the leaves too often because it can actually make foul spots on the leaves In the rainy season, then you need to move the pots of violet plants in shaded and dry areas because this plant will be susceptible to the disease on too high humidity.
That's the article from us about how to plant violets which can be a guide for you to decorate the ornamental plants of violets at your own home.