How Much Is Your Accident Personal Injury Case Worth?
It is important that a victim of an accident understands your personal injury claim is valid before reaching an agreement with the insurance company who caus or the accident or attempt to litigation. A good understanding of the amount of compensation to which you are legally entitled allows a victim to recognize the offer of a valid settlement and effectively weigh the costs and benefits of litigation.
If you have incurred any of the following expenses caused by an accident, then you may be entitled to compensation for them:
- Medical costs - All of your medical costs that were not covered by your insurance may be compensable. This includes hospital bills, surgeries, doctor visits, nursing care, and prescription drug costs.
- Rehabilitation costs : ongoing rehabilitation costs such as care provided by professional m é doctor at home, physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy and other rehabilitation costs are reimbursable.
- Out-of-pocket expenses : If you spend on childcare, cleaning aids, drivers, or other support personnel that you did not need prior to your injuries, those expenses are generally compensable. Also é n may receive compensation for expenses incurred to in the future .
- Loss of Income - Loss of income due to being out of work, projected time spent away from work, reduced work hours, income reductions due to a change in profession caused by your injuries are compensable.
- Pain and suffering : loss experiences such as attending school, going to social events and take a vacation you may be entitled to a tradeoff or n. Also é n may be compensable the embarrassment, physical pain and suffering I incurred because of physical disability or disfigurement caused by the accident.
- Property Damage - If there was property damage as a result of the accident in question, you may be entitled to compensation for those damages.
When can compensation be reduced
The tradeoff or n described above may be reduced if you had fault in the accident . Insurance companies and courts will usually assign your liability for injuries to a certain percentage. Ie the granting of indemnity ng will be reduced by its share of responsibility. For example, if you were responsible for 30% of a ladder fall accident due to attending a call on his cell phone and not paying attention to the down the stairs, his tradeoff ng will be reduced by 30%.
Making an estimate it or n Proper possible tradeoff or n
It may be difficult for a victim of personal injury make an appropriate estimate about its potential indemnity it or n without the assistance of an expert accident lawyer. For example, some of the compensable damages are subjective. However, while pain and suffering are not easily quantifiable, a knowledgeable attorney can help you estimate a reasonable amount for pain and suffering.
Consequently, it is important to consult an experienced accident attorney to determine what your case is worth.
Talk to a Qualified Personal Injury Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative, but legal matters can be complicated and stressful. A qualified personal injury attorney can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local personal injury attorney to discuss your unique legal situation.