The main purpose of car insurance is to repair or compensate for accidental damage to third-party vehicles and the insured vehicle .
The main coverage consists of insuring damages caused to third parties in the use of the vehicle ( civil liability of the automobile ). Every owner of motor vehicles is obliged to take out insurance for each vehicle he owns.
When contracting the compulsory insurance of civil responsibility, in the same policy, the coverages that are freely agreed between the policyholder and the insurance entity may be included.
The most common complementary coverages are:
- Complementary civil liability.
- Own damages and fire.
- Theft of the insured vehicle.
- Breakage of windscreen and vehicle windows.
- Personal Accidents for occupants of the insured vehicle.
- Travel assistance.
- Benefit for deprivation of driving license.
- Replacement of the insured vehicle.
The car insurance is an insurance contract covering the risks created by driving cars in case of causing an accident.
There is a basic modality, whose contracting is compulsory for the owners of any vehicle, which is why it is compulsory insurance of the automobile that covers the civil liability of the owner and the driver of the vehicle - in the event that they are not the same person - for the damages and injuries that they cause to third parties. It also includes apostolic defense up to certain limits. This modality is regulated in detail by the state regulations.
Along with this basic modality, other voluntary supplements can be contracted: what is called voluntary civil liability insurance , which covers possible compensation to third parties above the amounts included in the compulsory insurance; the occupant insurance , the same as the previous one but specifically for the occupants of the vehicle; the insurance of own damages or insurance to all risk , by the damages that can suffer the vehicle of the own insured one; the insurance of moons , for the damages to the moons of the own vehicle, is a subspecies of the previous one; the accident insurance of the driver , which is an insurance on life of the driver himself, since he is not covered by the compulsory insurance; legal defense insurance insofar as it is not covered by the mandatory; The travel assistance , etc.
There is also the "franchise" variant that is used above all in all-risk car insurance that instead of covering the total of the loss, it only does so from an amount supported by the insured.
There are no basic modalities, they are called coverages and their characteristics are the following:
- Civil Liability Coverage : this coverage only covers the damages or injuries caused by the vehicle that is insured to third parties, whether in their assets or persons, the theft of the vehicle and its damages are excluded.
- Limited Coverage : this coverage covers the damages or injuries caused by the vehicle that is insured to third parties either in their assets or persons and also the theft of the vehicle is covered, in this coverage the damages of the insured vehicle are not covered.
- Broad Coverage : this coverage covers the damages or injuries caused by the vehicle that is insured to third parties, whether they are in their property or people, the theft of the vehicle is covered and the damage of the insured vehicle is also covered.
- In all cases, legal defense coverage is covered.
In each coverage including the legal defense is specified the amount by which the insurance company will respond.
There are other coverages that each person chooses as the previous ones, if they need it or not, they are:
- Adaptations or conversions
- Accidents to the driver
- Road aid
What are the benefits of having an Auto Insurance?Car Insurance, not only protect your car, but also give you an economic support, something that will certainly give you peace of mind, because in case of an accident, or the theft of your vehicle, you will not have to worry because your insurer will have to respond to any type of mishap.
Although the culture of car insurance is not really well developed, today all the cars that circulate daily through the different roads of our country, only 27% of them have the protection of some Insurance company. This really is a negative fact, it means that if you happen to suffer an incident, there is a high probability that the other vehicle does not have any protection. In addition to this, the rate of car thefts, is growing more and more, approximately 15 thousand robberies are recorded monthly, this is a fact that should worry you.
Important that you have a policy that takes care of you before any incident that you may suffer on board your car. That's why we tell you about the different circumstances in which an Auto Insurance will protect you and respond to what you need, such as:
- Road assistance with unlimited shipment of cranes, gasoline, electric current, in addition to mechanical services.
- A private driver if you are in an inconvenient state to drive, as well as a substitute car in case of theft or total loss of your car.
- You will be backed by civil liability for all those damages to third parties in property or person, as well as the material damages suffered by your car.
- There are companies that offer additional coverage for the change of tires or windows for any situation.
What to take into account when hiring an Auto Insurance?A car insurance is one of the most important investments you must make, since you are protecting the heritage of you and your family, before situations or events that are not planned, because in case of suffering a loss by accident , will not affect your economy, because that's where your car insurance protects you so you do not go through that bitter experience, so we tell you a little about the points to consider when purchasing your car insurance policy:
- Read in detail the clauses of your Auto Insurance policy.
- Verify that the insurer with whom you are hiring, has the support of the Association of Insurance Institutions.
- Carefully appreciate what are the benefits you will receive with your car insurance, as well as the coverage you are acquiring, its scope and conditions in general.
- Based on the income you earn, study what your needs are in your car insurance, in addition to the welfare of your family.
- Observe how it is that you act Car Insurance in case of accidents, its clauses and conditions.
Five benefits of having car insuranceHaving car insurance is part of our responsibility as citizens and anticipates unforeseen events that could affect our economic future and emotional stability.
When we reach the age of majority and start our working life, one of the first assets we want to buy is a car. Many times we must save years or even get into debt to buy it. Now, imagine that once you have it, an unforeseen event occurs and your car is damaged. How much will it cost me to repair it? Who should I go to? Can I recover the value of the car? These and many other questions will invade your mind in seconds.
To prevent and anticipate unforeseen events it is important that we protect ourselves, therefore, it is necessary to have car insurance today. Review the main benefits of having an automobile policy.
- Replace your stolen or crashed car. Having a car insurance ensures coverage for accidents and protects you against damage or total or partial loss of your vehicle in case of accident or theft.
- It covers damages to third parties and medical expenses. It covers the responsibility that may be incurred by the owner for damages caused to third parties, in the event of a collision or traffic accident. In addition, you can use this coverage to pay your medical expenses after an accident.
- Pay property damage. If you have an accident and your car needs to be repaired, the policy covers a percentage of the damage.
- Legal protection It includes a legal orientation service and in case of demand guarantees the service of professional lawyers who will process your freedom and the car, covering the fines and corresponding bonds.
- Roadside assistance. If you have any unexpected on the road, the insurer will help you with a crane, gasoline, tire change, among others.
All the benefits you will get with Auto Insurance.Remember that we remember that having an Auto Insurance is mandatory, already stipulated in the traffic regulations, it is necessary that a car can guarantee the payment of damages caused to third parties by an accident. Car Insurance is characterized by its efficient service that serves customers in different ways, in addition to providing the highest technological innovation at all times, in addition to always being up to the task, providing different channels of communication so that its policyholders are not helpless in no time. Its main objective is to take care of the patrimony of all its clients, as well as to give them well-being with adequate support against all kinds of accidents, since the Auto Insurance policies focus at all times on economic care, as well as the stability that their insured need.
You will get the attention you need to know in detail about each and every one of the benefits you can receive with your car insurance, because this way you can feel protected against any accident or unforeseen event that may occur, you will also find the best alternatives to face all kinds of problems that can put your economy at risk.
Having an auto insurance is not a luxury, it is part of our individual responsibility before society.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?How much does car insurance cost per month on average - Protecting the vehicular heritage of the family will always be necessary. Acquiring insurance for the car varies in costs and depending on the city in which you reside . The ideal is to acquire a policy that does not misfit the budget and offers a solution to any eventuality.
Vehicle policies are based on a variety of factors ranging from installation service, safety devices and defensive driving courses; which allow reducing, in some cases, costs and making the acquisition more viable.
Generally car insurance is issued for periods ranging from 6 months to a year and the most common payments are made monthly to make your purchase more bearable. Companies charge between $ 100 to 200 USD per month for this service.
Certain conditions apply
When you decide to acquire a vehicle policy and hire the service, there are disparities in the amounts. The so-called drivers of high risk, the gender of the policyholder and also the year of the car you intend to insure, adjust or not the value of the policy .
Drivers who range between 16 and 29 years of age have special attention for insurers. According to internal studies of companies, there is a higher probability of fatal accidents in men of this age than in women of the same rank.
In this scenario, the amounts that men of this age must pay to insurers are always higher. The opposite occurs in the policies that are acquired by men between the ages of 30 and 69, their rates are lower.
When users reach the third age, other risk factors are again taken and the chances of being involved in a fatal accident increase by 50%, so the amounts for the insurance payment are again higher.
Calculation of premiumsIn order for an insurance company to indicate to its clients the amount to be paid for the service, this amount must be approved by the Insurance Department of their state. Once the amounts are approved, the age is evaluated as well as the driving record.
If you have purchased a policy and you are on time with the payment of the fees and maintain a good record with the company, you can opt for considerations such as discounts or additional services at affordable costs.
The population index, vehicular congestion and the cost of living , influence some of the calculations that are taken into account to offer products and services of vehicle insurers.
Among the states with the highest insurance rates are:
- Car Insurance The District of Columbia
- Car Insurance Louisiana
- Car Insurance Maryland
- Car Insurance New Jersey
- Car Insurance New York
New Jersy tops the list of states with premiums that are close to $ 2,500 USD annually, while Illinois has an annual average of $ 1,200 USD, so the average annual premium in the United States is approximately $ 1,800 USD.
Remember that once approved the amounts to be charged by the state insurance office, the adjustments you make in the acquisition of certain services will increase or decrease your average costs for the acquisition of the insurance service.
Search and evaluate the best options for rate calculations, it will only take a few minutes using simulators from different companies in the country after entering your postal information, and you will get a range of options for an appropriate selection.
Why is it important to have auto insurance?Having a car is an investment that you must take care of and protect, in case you do not have auto insurance, you run the risk of seeing what cost you so much lost completely. When you have an automobile insurance you drive with peace of mind, because in case of an accident we are guilty or not, it is the insurance company that takes care of our car.
4 Reasons for the Importance of Having Car InsuranceHuman negligence is a major factor in the occurrence of accidents. Understandably, this factor does not only come from us but also other people.
On the streets, the negligence of others can have a bad impact on us. Even if someone has driven in an orderly manner, he could be a victim because of reckless drivers.
The risk of injury and death can be reduced by increasing safety, but the risk of damaged vehicles is often unavoidable, both mild and severe damage. This is what makes our vehicle, in this case a car, need to be insured. What's more, it costs a lot even if the damage is only in the form of abrasions in the car.
Accidents are not the only reason. Banning and theft of vehicles are increasingly increasing everywhere. Not only in big cities, are small and quiet places very often the target of crime. The risk of losing a vehicle continues to increase. Therefore, it is very logical if someone decides to insure the car.
Here are the 4 reasons for the importance of having car insurance: