What Is Trending Topic? Definition of Trending Topic, Trending Topic Meaning and Concept
Trending Topic refers to a current topic, or a word that is a reference at a specific time through social networks .
It is about words constantly repeated for a certain time, and it arises in relation to the rise of social networks, and the topics that are trending and that appear frequently. The most repeated in a period of time.
Initially it was associated with Twitter, but it is a term that has also been transferred to other social networks, or how I use it to mention topics that have a great impact. On Twitter, a trending topic is achieved thanks to hashtags that always include the initial hash # or keywords, which are fashionable and cause a stir on the network because messages are created in which those words are included until they are become a trend.
It is a way to know what is currently being talked about, the most interesting topics and also to search for all kinds of references about them.
Apparently the way to choose a trending tropic according to Twitter is thanks to the work of an algorithm that determines the topics that are trending in certain locations.
How to create a trending topic
Currently only #hashtags that are used a large number of times become a true trend. To create a trending topic, keep these tips in mind:
- Creativity to power and simplicity when creating a word that can be repeated without problems.
- Using letters is the key, numbers do not work as well.
- Creating groups to encourage retweets, and for the chosen word to become important as soon as possible, is a very common tactic to achieve this.
Examples of trending topics
Here are some examples that have caused a stir on social media:
- #MeCaíEnUnaLancha, was used as a result of the cruise ship accident that crossed the waters of the Giglio Island, in Italy. The captain left, abandoning all the passengers. In a matter of a few hours this hashtag became a trending topic.
- #EcceHomo, was used in response to the strange restoration of the famous painting by Cecilia Giménez in the church of the town of Borja. Everyone talked for days and weeks about this news that caused quite a stir.
- #HappyWednesday, this type of hashtag is very successful because they tend to be repeated regularly every day of the week with the consequent attention from users who end up turning it into the typical trending topic that is used frequently.
A brand, or user that gets a trending topic generates attention which makes the rest of the community aware of its existence and therefore can gain visibility about its products or services. For this reason, it is advisable to create original words and keep up to date with the latest news to try to achieve that visibility through social networks.
Updated on: 2022-02-19T05:55:00Z
Published on: 2022-02-19 05:55:00