Cbu and Ckd Cars, What Are the Differences and Advantages?
Cars sold in the market are divided into two, namely CBU and CKD cars. Of course, each type has its own advantages and disadvantages.
A car is one of the tertiary needs in human life. However, over time, a car has become a primary need for some people. This is inseparable from the high mobility that the person needs. So, traveling from one place to another is not a waste of time and money.
However, when people want to buy a car, there are many factors that the person considers before finally choosing the car he will buy, one of which is price. It's undeniable, everyone wants to get a good car at a cheap price, including you, right ?
Talking about price, there are several factors that affect the price of a car, the most influential is where the car is produced. Car production is divided into two, namely CKD and CBU. CKD or Completely Knock Down is a car assembled domestically, while CBU or Completely Build Up caris a car assembled overseas. Maybe some of you are wondering why this affects the price of a car of the same type. So, CKD cars have a cheaper price because everything needed to assemble the car is shipped separately, so the excise fee is cheaper. In contrast to CKD, CBU has a higher car price because the customs and excise costs are higher in sending a whole car into the country.
Both CKD and CBU, both have their own advantages and disadvantages. In order not to be disappointed after buying, it's better to first learn the advantages and disadvantages below!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Ckd Cars
As previously mentioned above, CKD cars are domestically assembled cars. This is a factor in the advantages of CKD cars, namely:
- Cheaper purchase price.
- When there is damage or an accident, car spare parts are easy to find in Indonesia.
- Many workshops can provide service when a breakdown occurs, whether official or not.
Also read:How to Tune Up Cars Routinely
However, behind its advantages, the CKD car is not without its drawbacks. Disadvantages of CKD cars include:
- CKD cars are felt and claimed to be underpowered. The power is quite far when compared to the CBU.
- All aspects of the CKD car are not as good as the CBU, from the interior to the engine alias.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cbu Type Cars
Many argue that cars assembled in their home country are of better quality than those assembled in other countries. This is in fact true. So, there are several points that become the advantages of CBU compared to CKD cars, namely:
- Has better specifications than CDK cars.
- Has a stronger power than the CDK car.
- More exclusive than CDK cars.
- The resale price is quite high.
Just like the CKD car, the CBU is also not free from shortcomings. Well. this deficiency is often a consideration for people in buying it. Some of the drawbacks include:
- Has a higher price compared to CKD cars of the same type.
- When a breakdown or accident occurs, CBU spare parts are not available in Indonesia. This causes car owners to have to order from abroad, of course with a longer time and higher prices.
- Not all repair shops can provide service to CBU
Now it's clear the difference between CKD and CBU cars. So, you already know what are the advantages and disadvantages of each type of car. Back again to your wants and needs, which car do you need?