6 Consequences of Wrong Manual Car Gear Operation That You Must Know
Gear shifting is a very important thing to pay attention to in manual cars. As a result of shifting gears, it can have a bad impact on the durability of the car engine.
Manual cars require the driver to shift gears while pressing the clutch lever at the same time. Shifting gears must be done slowly because we cannot immediately change gears from highest to lowest and vice versa.
Then how to do a good manual gear shift? What are the consequences that can occur if someone passes the wrong tooth and what are the tips for dealing with it? Read more below.
The following are things that can occur due to errors when shifting gears.
1. Hastily Changing Gears Can Damage the Transmission Engine
Instead of changing gears in a hurry, manual car users should change gears slowly so that the car can maintain the engine rotation moment.
If done too often, of course this can be bad for the car engine.
2. the Hand on the Gear Lever Causes the Transmission Gearbox to Be Damaged
Putting your hands on a manual car shift lever may be considered harmless to a car engine because the consequences are not immediately apparent.
However, the load-bearing on the mechanical system can cause the engine life to be significantly reduced, so that the transmission gear wears out more quickly.
3. Do N't Really Step on the Clutch Lever
The problem for novice riders is to step on the clutch lever not really. If you pay attention, its position only changes half of the condition before being stepped on.
This will cause faster wear and shorten the clutch lever life.
On the other hand, the way to shift a manual car is to press it in the full position, so that the risk of wear is minimized.
4. the Position of the Feet on the Clutch Makes the Engine Wear Out
In some cars, the clutch pedal is the most sensitive part of the engine. In fact, some riders have a habit of leaning their feet on the clutch lever.
This can lead to faster clutch wear.
5. Positioning the Reverse Gear When the Car Is Advancing
How to shift a manual car that often goes unnoticed is not to position the reverse gear when the car is in a forward position.
Because the shift to reverse gear can be safely done if the car is not moving. If this is done continuously, the car's transmission will quickly be damaged.
6. Low Rpm with High Gear Resulting in Long Term Engine Damage
If you are one of those people who believe that one way to save gas is to run low RPM in high gear, then you are wrong.
Apart from being proven incorrect, the enormous stress on a car's engine at high RPM can damage your vehicle.
Other Habits to Avoid When Driving a Manual Car
The following are habits that must be avoided when driving a manual car.
Do Not Use the Clutch and Gas to Stop on an Incline
The correct way to shift gears on an incline is to stop the car completely. Never use the clutch and gas to stop the car, especially on uphill roads.
Besides being able to damage the car engine, what is dangerous from this action is the car retreating when the engine suddenly dies.
Don't Start with Gear Above One
There are times when we stop, we will forget to return the gear to position one, so that when we start running, the transmission load will be too heavy.
How to shift a manual car can be done by standardizing the gear position in neutral and starting to run in first gear.
Do Not Lower the Transmission Gear to Reduce Vehicle Speed
The speed of the car has the appropriate transmission position. If the transmission position is not suitable when running, then there will be a heavier load pedestal than it should be.
Reduce Speed Before Pressing the Clutch
If you press the clutch every time you brake, it can cause the entire load to rest on the brake pads.
On the other hand, when the speed has decreased drastically, you can safely depress the clutch.
Immediately Raise the Gear When the Speed Increases
To keep the engine vibrations smooth, raise the gear slowly according to the speed of the car. Low gear at high speed can cause the engine to break down more quickly and waste fuel.
the Importance of Car Insurance
Car damage can occur for any reason. Our ignorance of the state of the car and the uncertainty of the conditions on the road can make your favorite car experience light or heavy damage.
Well, to make sure the car is protected from this damage, in addition to doing monthly service, you also have to spend money to protect the car using the best car insurance from all risks.
Take advantage of all-risk car insurance so that you don't have to worry about repair shop bills because you will be guaranteed from the cost of repairing light and heavy damage, and even getting compensation for losses due to theft.
Calculate yourself the premium range with the following Auto Insurance Agencies Calculator.
Tips from Auto Insurance Agencies! Gear shift on manual cars must be done properly. As a result of shifting gears, it can have a bad impact on the durability of the car engine.
Manual cars require the driver to shift gears while pressing the clutch lever at the same time.
Shifting gears must be done slowly because we cannot immediately change gears from highest to lowest and vice versa.
Tips for Correct Manual Car Gear Shift
Here are some tips on how to shift manual gear.
- You have to memorize by heart where the teeth are when in a neutral position. The sign is that the teeth can still be moved sideways.
- Also, to get into first gear, you have to pull the leftmost lever and push it forward.
- Entering the second gear is done by pulling the lever back
- When you are in second gear, slide the lever to the right and push it forward.
- In that position, if you switch to 4th gear you have to pull the lever back.
- If you want to raise the gear again, the trick is to push the lever forward after pushing it to the center and to the right.
- The manual shift method must also be done in neutral gear when you want to reverse. Push the lever to the right and push it back.
- If you find it difficult because you have a hard gear shift when trying to reverse, the tips to overcome this are to enter first gear first, accelerate the car a little and make sure the car stops. Then press the clutch lever to the reverse position.
Well, those are some of the consequences of shifting gears that manual car drivers must know. By knowing it, hopefully you can be more careful when driving it. Hopefully this information is useful, yes!