Offline marketing is one that is carried out through actions and strategies that are developed in the traditional media. For example, television, radio and the press. It is totally alien to the digital marketing that is carried out through social networks and the Internet.
The emergence and consolidation of the Internet has been a real revolution for companies and society. In addition, emphasis must also be placed on new technologies.
All of this has revealed a new way of doing marketing. Online marketing has been discovered as a new possibility for companies, but that is not why offline marketing has disappeared.
Television, radio, the press or billboards are some of the types of media that are included in offline marketing.
- Also read: What is Inbound Marketing? Definition of Inbound Marketing, Inbound Marketing Meaning and Concept
What are the most outstanding characteristics of offline marketing?
These are the main characteristics of offline marketing:
- They are the strategies and techniques used to advertise products and services in traditional media.
- They are very consolidated, powerful and long-term media. For example, television.
- They generate prestige, since appearing in them is usually very flattering for the brand or the entrepreneur who appears in them.
- Before participating in these media, especially on television and radio, you can know in advance the scope they will have. Therefore, previous measurements can be made that can help to know the approximate number of people the ad will reach.
- It can be more expensive to advertise on them, but it is also true that they offer some reliability and impact.
- They have improved a lot in relation to the techniques they use to produce quality and impactful advertisements for the public.
- Not only is the public in the online media, but there is also an audience that carefully and attentively follows all the information that is developed in the offline media.
Differences between online and offline marketing
These are the most prominent differences:
- Online Marketing : It is one that uses the Internet and new technologies to carry out the most outstanding strategies to advertise products and promote brands within this area.
- Offline marketing: In offline marketing, the techniques and strategies that are used are oriented to be put into practice in the most traditional media. For example, the radio. It is a marketing that does not count for its development with everything related to the Internet.
Offline marketing example
A walking stick company has decided to develop a strategy to advertise its new product, which is preferably intended for the elderly.
The ideal client of this company has led them to confirm that choosing a traditional medium such as television, and developing targeted strategies for this medium, will be useful for their presentation.
In this case, the company has decided to carry out offline marketing, since its target audience is a majority follower of this type of media and they also consider that the reach will be greater.
For this they have a comfortable budget to configure the ad they want. This would be a clear example of the implementation of offline marketing.