Negative demand is known as the fact in which people dislike a product and therefore try to avoid using it.
The demand refusal has much to do with the perception that a consumer has about a product or service, for that reason when you have a negative perception about something you may avoid it .
- When young children are taken to the doctor and given injections, this causes them to develop a rejection of these types of services.
- In the same way, when a person experiences an unpleasant experience, when they buy goods and services, they could generate an attitude of rejection towards them.
When we think of a market, we cannot forget that a market is made up of individuals or people who buy or sell products. In the specific case of the lawsuit, we are referring to a customer who buys for himself, for his family or for a company, but is always a person.
Therefore, your purchasing decisions will depend on your preferences, your interests and above all on the perception you have of the products and the brands.
The perception that the client has about the products and brands will depend on the information that comes from outside, on the experiences and the memories that they store in their brain. This means that when there is a negative demand it is precisely for these reasons, since there is an adverse or negative idea about the satisfactors or the brand that the company offers.
This generates an attitude of rejection towards them.
How you can achieve an attitude change
To change the negative demand, you have to work on the adverse emotions that affect the consumer.
- Feelings of trust, sympathy and security must be given and strengthened towards the company, its brands and the products it offers. In such a way that a change in attitude towards these is achieved and the negative elements that generated it are reverted.
- If it is possible to change the negative perception that is had by a positive one, we will achieve that the negative demand is reversed and is materialized in specific purchases.
Attitude changes are achieved from three different fields: cognitive, affective and behavioral.
Change due to cognitive aspects
The cognitive aspect is worked on, providing a set of new information about the product or service that is rejected.
- So that, knowing it better, consider the benefits and advantages it offers you.
- This new information makes you form a new concept, on the previous idea you had.
Changes due to affective aspects
The change in attitude by working on the affective aspect is achieved by generating positive feelings towards the element that you dislike.
- In order to create an emotional bond that changes your impression of it.
Changes due to behavioral aspects
This modification of the behavior of what bothers or bothers the consumer.
- It occurs in the same actions that will take place at the time of the decision to purchase the product.
Examples of attitude changes
Next we will put examples of the changes of attitude that apply in the negative demand.
If a father has a bad perception about a university in which he studies and for that reason he does not want his children to study there.
- New information is provided such as that this university is the best positioned at the national level, as the best in the area of technology in the region or with the awards it has received.
- Of course this information must be true.
If a person is reluctant to buy funeral insurance, because they dislike the thought of their death.
- Emotional elements take hold, as if you purchase the insurance, your family will not be in financial trouble.
- When this situation arises that will affect them emotionally, if you love your family, you should not leave problems for them.
Logically it does not mean that if someone does not want to purchase insurance of this type, they should not do so. Now, if you don't, it may not be because you are terrified of thinking about the situation. The intention should always be to help, not to sell to make money regardless of customer emotions.
This is given to improve a specific action, if someone bothers to go to a place due to the queues that generate the payments they have to make.
- You are offered different alternatives to make your payments.
- Such as online payments, prepaid or any other method that makes the process easier for you.
In short, facing negative demand situations for a company is not something beneficial, but if we work properly from the application of effective marketing tools, we can change the perception of the consumer. By modifying the previous perception, for a new concept; We can transform a situation of rejection into one of approval, using informational, affective and behavioral elements.
The change has to be achieved in the mind of the consumer, to the point that the consumer considers that the product is good and adequate to meet their need. The product that turns out to be the best on the market is the one that people think is the best.