The concept of faxing is the action of sending faxes in a multiple way to communicate offers, advertising, messages, official announcements, among others.
A fax is a document that is sent remotely over the telephone line. The combination of a scanner, a modem and a printer are involved in its process. All of this forms the apparatus for sending this type of message.
In Spain, one of the companies that broke the mold in the market with the fax communication system was Infoe, a leader in the mass fax sending sector. Subsequently, other types of companies have joined in their battle for leadership in this field such as: Faxvirtual and Myfax.
Essential parts of a fax
Faxes are constituted as follows:
- Short, simple and clear messages for the user.
- Photographs are not included in the usual way.
- Contact details must be easily visible so use a font size with sufficient width.
Differences between letter and fax
- The letter is written on paper and sent through the post office in an envelope and stamped for proper delivery to the addressee.
- The burofax is a digitization that is sent through the combination of a system in which a modem, a scanner and a printer converge.
- Fax is used to send urgent and formal messages as usual. On the other hand, the letter can be sent for informal communication, congratulations and as a form of relaxed communication between users.
- A fax can be read by multiple people at your reception when it is delivered even if it has only one recipient. It can be collected by the person in charge of the establishment where the receiving device is enabled, so it is advisable not to include intimate messages. A letter can include more personal statements and content because it reaches the recipient in a more personal way and this will be the one in charge of opening the letter.
Advantages and disadvantages of faxing
Some of the disadvantages include the following:
- The amount of the paper, as well as the maintenance of the sending device.
- You do not need any kind of permission to be sent, but therefore you have to do a meticulous work to prevent any blockage in its reception.
Regarding the advantages, the following stand out:
- A direct and effective form of communication for urgent communications.
- Unlike e-mails for example, faxes can be sent because they do not require permission from the person who receives them so it is easier for them to read.