What is Email Marketing? Definition of Email Marketing, Email Marketing Meaning and Concept
Email marketing is a communication strategy in which company information is sent via email.
Email marketing is one of the most used techniques in the digital sector by companies.
It is a tool that, if planned and structured optimally, can generate good results. In addition, it allows to improve communication between the client and the company.
Purpose of email marketing
The objective is to keep customers or subscribers informed that they are included in the company's database. It is very useful for launching promotional campaigns, valuable content and enhancing communication between users and the company.
The company prepares messages, data and information that it sends via email to all the members it has in its database. They can be customers or subscribers who have registered on the web through a form, for example.
Many pages make registration forms available to users who visit them through the blog or the main page, so that they receive new and useful content. This is one of the ways to increase the database and then put this digital communication technique into practice.
Another option is to use customer emails, with prior permission, to send this type of information.
What is email marketing for?
Email marketing is very useful for the following reasons:
- It allows you to inform users about the latest company news.
- It is a way of maintaining close and direct contact with customers.
- It can be used to prospect and take into account the opinions of users.
- Exclusive promotions and prices can be sent to all those who are part of the company's database.
- Sending blog content and other valuable data is another of the outstanding functions of email marketing.
Tips for launching an email marketing campaign
Here are some tips for launching an email marketing campaign:
- Platform: You have to choose a platform to design the template and schedule the sending of emails to the company's database. For example, Mailchimp.
- Structure: The structure of the email is very important. The sender, the subject and the text must be taken into account. The subject should attract attention and arouse the curiosity of the user. The text should be eye-catching, provide information, and include a call to action.
- Images: We must assess the inclusion of images or videos if the content requires it. Some emails include only text when promoting the submission of blog content, for example. Others add visual content when it comes to including promotions or featured products to boost sales.
- Mandatory elements: There are legal elements that must be included, such as the footer in which the legal data of the person who sends this information must go and also the option to unsubscribe. It is also recommended, although not mandatory, that the social networks and platforms of interest in which the company is located are included.
Email marketing example
A brand has decided to include the email marketing technique in its business strategy. They have a blog on their website that accumulates many registrations and subscribers. They have realized that their valuable content is in high demand among users who visit their page.
One of the scheduled shipments is dedicated to the weekly article they generate. They create an email marketing campaign to send the blog's most outstanding content to their subscriber list.
The objective is to provide valuable information and maintain direct contact with the audience.
Updated on: 2022-01-03T23:02:00Z
Published on: 2022-01-03 11:02:00