Home › Article › Definition › Jasa
What is Coaching? Definition of Coaching, Coaching Meaning and Concept
Coaching is an integrated set of actions aimed at improving a person's performance, so that they reach their full potential.
It consists of a professional relationship between a client and the coach, a conversation, which helps to obtain extraordinary results in the life, profession, company or business of the client: Through the coaching process, he deepens his knowledge, increases his performance and improves his quality of life.
Main characteristics of coaching
- Specification : The technique focuses on behaviors that can be improved, on the objective and descriptive aspects of the performance of what the client intends to do.
- Interaction : It is a type of conversation in which information and ideas are exchanged with the full involvement of both parties.
- Shared responsibility : Both the coach (coach) and the client have a shared responsibility to work together in the continuous improvement of the proposed activity.
- Specific form : The objective of the conversation is defined at the beginning and its flow implies a first phase in which the information is expanded, to then focus on specific aspects as the participants achieve the goal set.
- Respect : The coach who uses this model communicates at all times his respect for the person who receives his service.
Elements of coaching
- Values : Coaching is based on some arguments that have been clarified from the beginning among the participants. Otherwise, it becomes a series of behavioral tricks or communication techniques far from the concept of coaching.
- Results : It is a results-oriented process. And that, in addition, has as a consequence the continuous improvement of performance, whether individual or group.
- Discipline : It is a disciplinary interaction. In order to achieve the goal of continuous improvement, a coach must be disciplined enough to create the essential conditions and properly handle a coaching conversation.
- Training : To achieve the goal of coaching, you need training. In other words, intuitive knowledge or simple memorization of ideas and concepts is not enough, as these functions do not guarantee that conversations aimed at improving performance will take place.
Reasons why coaching is good for companies
- Efficiently consolidate new promotions or assignment changes.
- Boost internal talent loyalty.
- It integrates the methodology that multiplies the capacities of people.
- Innovate in management processes or models.
- Power business results.
Benefits of coaching for the client
Likewise, among the benefits that the client receives through coaching are:
- Developing your capabilities and strengths.
- Greater efficiency.
- Decision making with awareness, knowledge, arguments and values.
- Self confidence.
- Dare to risk for what you want.