Work is very important in a person's life. You spend so many hours immersed in professional projects, that happiness is the feeling you experience when you are in the place where you really want. There are real brakes that become obstacles to happiness. For example, precarious employment conditions, doing a job you don't like, or a negative work environment.
However, you deserve to be happy at work. It is important that you internalize this idea until you truly believe it as a matter of self-esteem. How to be happy at work ? In psychology we accompany you in this process of change.
6 Steps to Happiness at Work
In this article we give you six ideas and tips to cultivate happiness in the professional field.
1. Distribute tasks evenly
The first of the tips to be happy at work is the following: the work overload that occurs in the dates close to meeting a deadline, produces a high load of stress. It is essential that you plan better to correct this situation that can recur frequently.
2. Keep studying
It doesn't matter that you already have a good resume, the habit of taking courses goes beyond the cover letter. In a training environment, you can fuel the motivation to implement the new ideas acquired during the course. In addition, you break the professional routine through an environment that brings you the best memories of your academic life.
3. Don't expect recognition from the boss
Hopefully you are part of a company in which you receive this feedback that increases your emotional salary. However, it is better that you feed your own self-motivation so as not to put your joy in waiting to receive the recognition of others. It may happen that you deserve it but you do not receive it as often as you deserve. So, from now on, try to enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that you do a good job and that your role is valuable to the company.
4. Contribute ideas about work happiness
At work meetings or through the entity's suggestion box, you can also contribute proposals that become a common good to improve the well-being of the staff. That is, do not adopt a passive attitude on this issue and, from your position, try to influence to build an entity that invests in happiness .
5. Value your effort
Your knowledge and your experience are valuable because they deliver results. Therefore, observe the transcendent vision of your job as an action that goes beyond yourself.
6. Decide to be happy today
If you decide to complain, you will surely find a wide list of reasons to fall into this attitude. On the contrary, if you decide to be optimistic and cultivate gratitude , you will live the day with a new look.
5 Mistakes That Keep You From Being Okay at Work
What actions take you away from that much-desired goal of happiness at work?
- Fear should not condition your work life. For example, the fear of not finding another job should not be the main reason that keeps you in a position in which you feel eternally exhausted by the unhappiness you feel.
- Wrong expectations . Job frustration can come from reasons that have nothing to do with what is strictly professional. For example, a person may suffer from not having friends in the office. However, this is not the main reason for daily employment, although, obviously, bonds of friendship can be created in the office. But that doesn't mean it always happens by way of cause and effect.
- Idealize a different situation. This error is also frequent. For example, some people believe that they would be happier if they could perform their functions in the form of telecommuting. However, in that case, they would have new difficulties that are part of that new work-at-home scenario. In reality, your happiness is not born from the comparison with other realities but from the opportunity to evolve from this scenario.
- Live waiting for Friday to arrive. Why don't you start the week with the illusion of a leisure incentive? For example, it may be a good day to go to the cinema to see a good movie.
- Give more weight to external circumstances than to your own attitude. This is one of the most frequent failures. Your empowerment begins with self-love.
How to go to work happy
Your professional routine progresses or stagnates depending on the habits you adopt. Here are five recommended habits to grow in happiness:
- Encourage punctuality as an attitude with which you show consideration for the time of others, but also for your own life. In other words, thanks to punctuality you reduce the stress of going against the clock.
- Works as a team adopting an attitude of collaboration with colleagues to achieve the goal of common objectives. Your happiness increases when you become aware that you are part of a team and you feel integrated into it.
- Take care of your personal relationships at work. Cultivate assertiveness, communication, empathy, kindness, and respect. Therefore, it turns humanism into a philosophy of work. In a way of being and being in the world of work. This is one of the keys to having a positive attitude at work .
- What would your life be like if you didn't have this job or never had it? By assessing this possibility, you are likely to become aware that there are factors for which you do feel lucky. For example, value the salary you receive each month as a means of financial stability that allows you to make short-term plans.
- Expand your vision to seek financial stability . Currently, there are new professional formulas to obtain extra income. For example, you can explore the potential of the internet. Maybe you can professionalize your blog and earn some monthly income through an advertising system.