How to Quit a Job I Don't Like
One of the main sources of suffering is that experienced by a person when they do a job they do not like and live with a constant inner struggle that shows an emotional debate between leaving that position or continuing in it.
Quitting a job is a decision that produces vertigo on an emotional level since economic stability is a solid basis for future plans and the fear of not finding another opportunity in a short period of time arises. Vertigo increases when the protagonist wants to take a turn in his profession, for example, when he wishes to change sectors. How to quit a job you do not like ? In psychology we give you these ideas.
I Want to Quit My Job but It Scares Me: 4 Tips
Here are some ideas for dealing with knowing how to quit a job you don't like:
1. Take the consequences
Many people do a job that they do not love, yet they do not feel the need to leave that position because they find something positive in it. When you have come to the conclusion that you want to leave your job because you don't like this job, this fact acquires a transcendent vision in your life. You're at a point where you feel like you're wasting a lot of time away from where you really want to be. Therefore, accept your decision and also the consequences.
2. Observe what you gain with this decision
The decision to leave that job is often postponed because the person focuses on the sense of loss associated with this experience. However, there is also a gain. You lose a job but you also gain the time necessary to dedicate yourself exclusively to that personal project that you now want to undertake.
To establish your own conclusions, make a list of what you lose and what you gain by making this decision.
3. Talk to your boss
When quitting a job that you don't like, it is essential that your boss is the first person to know about this situation. It is also important that you communicate the news with enough time so that your departure does not represent an inconvenience in the company's agenda. By announcing this news in advance, you make it easier for the company to make effective human resources decisions to fill your position.
Do not say goodbye by focusing on the negative but on the positive of this opportunity for which you must show gratitude.
4. What is your plan
Don't leave your job without having a project. That does not mean that you necessarily have to wait for another job to make this decision, but it is recommended that you know what you are going to do the day after you have quit. Otherwise, you may regret it shortly after if you don't have a goal to focus on from then on. For example, maybe you have the project of going back to study at the university, maybe you want to take a Vocational Training itinerary, maybe you have an action plan to actively search for a job or you want to take a year off. What is your plan?
4 Reasons to Leave a Job You Don't Like
"I hate my job and I want to quit: what do I do?"
The professional factor is so important in a person's life that it is common to underestimate one's professional dissatisfaction, giving this discomfort a certain invisibility to oneself and to others. However, there are reasons why, when unhappiness is real and continues in a job, you should make a decision about it:
- You can find new opportunities . A job that you don't like and that makes you unhappy robs you of so much energy that you have practically no strength left to think of other alternatives. However, the reality is that this position is not your only possible opportunity, you can think of different alternatives to create new luck options.
- You deserve to be happy at work . It's not a matter of a whim. You spend so many hours of your life in the office that it is important to value the emotional salary as a concept that shows the personal satisfaction that a professional experiences in their tasks. Why resign yourself to this situation when you can open new doors? Maybe with a change in your work life, you can achieve a positive attitude at work .
- You have already done everything you could do to try to change your attitude at this professional stage. However, you feel that no matter how hard you try, objectively, this job has become more of a burden than an enjoyment. And this even affects your own personal life.
- Courage. It is not easy to make this decision, it is very important to assess the pros and cons first so that, once you have taken the step, you have no doubt that you made the right option for you. That option that was the one you wanted. It is not easy to take this step, however, it is an act of courage that has led other people to conquer their happiness as creators of their destiny. And the example of these people can serve as an inspiration to you.
When to leave or leave a job you don't like
Vocation is not a concept that is out of date but a term that connects with that mission that a human being feels he must fulfill to be truly happy. And there is no age when this term ceases to matter. Work dreams can be fulfilled at very different ages. Some people reach this position beyond 40 or 50. Your own professional happiness is a good that transcends beyond yourself since when you are happy in your work you are also more productive and your attitude is more optimistic.
Why listen to the call of the professional vocation?
Time passes too fast and the clock only ticks towards the future , therefore it is impossible to change the past. One of the most painful experiences is the one that a person can feel when, when remembering the path they have taken, they wonder what would have happened if they had risked, that is, if they had left that job where they felt eternally unhappy to continue that other path visualized for so many times with motivation.
A person has more options to succeed when they focus their effort, their attention and their energy in a sector that they are passionate about since, in addition, they enjoy more during the process. When a person chooses to take the path of personal vocation, their confidence at work improves .
How long do I have to submit my resignation?
If you are going through such a situation, take your time to think about what you want to do and what is best for you. Seek individual advice if you need it.