The windows are exposed to the elements of nature, for which they are easily soiled and must be cleaned occasionally. This domestic task is not pleasant, but necessary. To make your job easier, here are 6 window cleaning tips.
You've probably washed your windows by now, and the results were disappointing. The frustration caused is discouraging, which is why you now prefer to postpone this unpleasant task. But dirty windows give your home an unpleasant look.
Even if the floor, furniture and all the surfaces of your home are impeccable, if the windows are full of grease, dust and dirt, everything is in vain. Get rid of the latter problematic issue with the following window cleaning tips.
Window cleaning tips quickly and efficiently.
1. Vinegar: a solution that never failsEven though there are many cleaning products that have the same effect, vinegar is one of the best options . In addition, it does not have a smell as strong as certain chemicals, which can cause allergic reactions in some cases.
Vinegar helps to clean up dirt quickly. This way, you won't have to rub the glass, as the cloth or newspaper will slip easily on its surface. In the end, the window will be clean and bright.
All you have to do is mix one part vinegar with three parts hot water. To lessen the smell of vinegar, you can add a little lemon juice . If the smell is too troublesome for you, you can prepare the solution with five parts of water, instead of three.
If you still want to use a commercial cleaning product, we recommend that you opt for a mix. In this way, the solution will take longer. Mix three tablespoons of white vinegar with two cups of water and add half a teaspoon of liquid detergent. You will see that the dirt will be cleaned very easily.
2. "Cloth" for cleaning windowsYou can buy such cloths from the store, but if you plan to save money, there are other options. The newspaper is one of the simplest and most efficient choices. It does not leave traces and provides gloss to the window. In addition, the newspaper does not scratch the glass, but leaves behind a very thin, invisible layer that prevents the glass from getting dirty as quickly as possible. The sponges you have around the house can also be very useful in cleaning up traces of detergent.
If you do not have a newspaper or sponge on hand, one of the best tricks for cleaning windows is the use of paper filters for the coffee maker. They are almost as versatile as the newspaper and offer the same beautiful gloss, with no aesthetic traces or scratches.
3. Cloudy daysRegardless of the climate in the region where you live, expect a cloudy day to wash your windows. The sun dries the glass, leaving unsightly marks on its surface. In addition, cleaning the windows on a hot day can be very unpleasant.
4. Tips for cleaning very dirty windowsIf it's been several months since you cleaned the windows, they are probably very dirty. In this case, it is best to use a porous sponge and clean from top to bottom to prevent water leakage.
You can use a microfiber cloth to polish the glass after it dries . Just be careful not to leave any lint on the glass.
5. Vertical and horizontal cleaningYou have finished cleaning the windows inside and out, but you do not like how it looks. But they are dirty at times and there are traces. You check them on both sides and you see nothing. It's a nightmare, but it has a solution.
When washing the windows on both sides, clean them from one side to the other on the inside and vertically on the outside. This way, it will be much easier for you to figure out on which side the misery or traces are left at the end.