Carpet Cleaning Rental WinnipegCarpet is a versatile interior item. It decorates the space and creates additional comfort in the room. Despite the positives of having such a home accessory, carpet cleaning is a terrible dream for any housewife. Difficulty is added to the weight of the product, which cannot be lifted and gently washed. In addition, many carpets are hidden under the plinth.
Regardless of the color, it is necessary to carry out cleaning regularly: dark spots of spilled tea, games of the child with paints and felt-tip pens, the presence of animals - all these affect the appearance of the carpet. Subsequently, it dims, dust settles on it, and its appearance spoils the mood.
Comfy's blog has decided to prove that carpet cleaning is not as complicated as it seems. There are many folk methods that are several times more efficient with purchased means. There are more than 10 ways to clean your carpet at home. Helpful will come to the rescue, always in the kitchen and save in an emergency.
Advertising and the reality of carpet cleaningAdvertising recommends choosing Vanish, but not all carpets are suitable for cleaning products. Starting the cleaning, you need to know the characteristics of the carpet beforehand so as not to aggravate the situation. There are more than 4 types of cleaning products in total:
- Eliminate odors.
- Whitening for white carpet.
Cleaning products like Vanish are not designed to remove old stains, this is an emergency, a fresh stain from coffee or spilled juice. Even the famous brands will not help to eliminate the stain of a year ago.
If you decide to use different agents, it is important that you follow the instructions and apply only the foam and not the water mixed with the liquid. In this case, the carpet will remain intact and will not lose its shape.
How to clean a carpet without removing it from the floorHome carpet cleaning is very popular. Effective methods allow you to eliminate pollution without removing the carpet from the floor. One of the most famous methods is cleaning with household soap. Use soap according to the following instructions when you need to remove fresh stains.
- Rub a piece of household soap on a grater.
- Mix soap with 1 liter of warm water. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a nebulizer and apply on the stain.
- Wait for drying and clean with a vacuum cleaner.
This method is suitable for weekly use when you need to refresh your carpet. It is not as effective in dealing with old spots, but it removes fresh contamination quickly and without trace.
Lemon juice is another known stain remover. Fresh juice should be applied to the stain. Wait for a couple of hours, add water to the application site and wait for complete drying. After vacuuming the carpet. It is necessary to add water, otherwise the pile of the carpet will stick with the lemon juice.
Cleaning the carpet with alcohol at home is a way to eliminate contamination and germs that live in the pile of cover and can cause disease. This is one of the most affordable cleaning products available.
- Take 10 ml of ammonia and 0.5 liters of water. Mix and pour the resulting liquid into the atomizer.
- Brush or sponge.
- After complete drying, clean the vacuum cleaner.
Cleaning the carpet with baking sodaSoda is a universal product of natural origin. It is safe for humans, does not cause allergies and other unpleasant consequences. It may take several cleaning sessions to achieve a visible effect.
Soda can be used in dry and moist form. Dry cleaning is faster, but not good for removing old spots, it's a way to freshen up your carpet and give it a look.
The first way:
- Pre-clean the flooring with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Pour the baking soda onto the carpet, spreading it evenly over the coating.
- Detect 30-60 minutes.
- We clean the carpet. To completely get rid of soda you need to vacuum several times.
- When there is a stain on the carpet, after applying soda, it is necessary to wipe the place with a brush or washcloth.
To remove even complex stains, wet soda cleaning is suitable. This method is not intended for carpets of natural origin, since natural materials, cotton or wool, do not tolerate wet cleaning and can be deformed.
The second way:
- Add 10 glasses of baking soda to 10 liters of water and mix.
- Pre-clean the carpet of dust and dirt with a vacuum cleaner.
- The resulting solution is sprayed onto the coating. If there are spots that are difficult to remove, then apply the solution with a brush and gently rub into the pile.
- We leave to dry for an hour, after using a vacuum cleaner to remove contamination and soda.
It is not necessary to wet the carpet strongly, it will lead to the formation of a fungus if the cleaning takes place in the winter or in the cold season, when it takes a long time to dry. It is best to do this cleaning in the summer, then the carpet will not dry for more than 40 minutes.
Cleaning the carpet with saltFood salt is another product for cleaning coatings. Before cleaning, the carpet must be cleaned thoroughly with a vacuum cleaner. If the dimensions allow you to bring the carpet outside, you can use the old method and clean it in the snow.
After preliminary cleaning, pour salt on the carpet, remove the brush and gently rub it into the pile. We leave for half an hour and with the help of the vacuum cleaner remove the salt particles. After such exposure, the carpet begins to shine as if purchased.
Carpet cleaning with vinegarHow to clean the carpet with improvised means? Prepare vinegar solution! We will need 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 0.5 liters of water. Mix the two ingredients and gently apply to the carpet using a sponge or brush. We are waiting for drying and we are vacuuming the carpet. There are other methods for cleaning carpets with baking soda and vinegar.
Method # 1
- Mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar with 1 liter of warm water.
- Apply dry baking soda to the carpet, distributing it evenly throughout the perimeter.
- We wait 40 minutes and vacuum again.
- Take the vinegar solution and apply it to the carpet or stains with a spray.
- We leave for 40 minutes. During this time, the vinegar should react with the soda left in the pile.
- With a brush we clean the pile and re-vacuum it.
Method # 2
- We will also need vinegar and soda:
- One tablespoon of vinegar is mixed with 4 tablespoons of warm water.
- Pre-clean the carpet with a vacuum cleaner.
- Using a sponge or brush, apply the mixture to the carpet and gently wash.
- Clean the solution with a clean dry cloth and leave to dry.
- Vacuum the carpet to remove residues of soda and dirt.
How To Clean Your Carpet From The Most Difficult StainsEach type of stain needs its own approach. The most common spot found on the carpet is coffee. The brown color is immediately noticeable on the pile. Therefore, it is best not to delay and start collecting as soon as the liquid has spilled onto the carpet.
Coffee and teaYou should get a fresh stain with a paper towel or any cloth. When the napkin absorbs the liquid, we start cleaning. Vanish or vinegar solution, which we discussed above, is suitable for cleaning.
If coffee with milk is spilled on the floor, an unpleasant sour odor may form on the premises, which will eliminate lemon juice and ventilation.
BloodSome of the greasy spots are blood stains. When the stain is fresh and not dry, then the carpet, even with a long pile, can be resuscitated. Take a paper towel and blot the stain, then moisten the cloth with cold water and apply it to a place of contamination. This process will help to stop the absorption and drying of blood.
Hydrogen peroxide will be required for cleaning. Moisten the hydrogen peroxide cloth and apply it to the place of contamination, then again apply the dry cloth and alternate until you see improvement. You can use any alcohol solution instead of peroxide.
Citrus wineSpots of wine and chocolate are also cleanable. Here you will need a business soap. We rub a piece of soap on a grater and add 1 liter of water + 1 tablespoon of vinegar. The solution is sprayed on the site of contamination and after drying we clean the vacuum cleaner.
Ballpoint pen, felt-tip pensSoap solution should be applied to a fresh spot, but if some time has passed, Vaseline will be needed. Grease the stain and leave for 3 hours. Vaseline softens the pollution, and then proceeds to purification.
Take 1 teaspoon of ammonia and mix with 2 glasses of water. Put a cloth in the solution, then squeeze and attach to the dirt. Leave the cloth with the solution for 2-3 hours. After complete drying, clean the vacuum cleaner.
How To Clean Carpet With Soda, Vinegar And FairyFinally, let's share another way to get rid of persistent patches of cream for shoes, urine, glue, paint and other unpleasant traces.
- In a bucket of more than 3 liters mix 1 tablespoon. soda + 1 tbsp washing powder or Fairy + 1 tbsp. l. 70% vinegar + 1 liter of warm water.
- Before application we clean the vacuum cleaner.
- Using the atomizer, apply the liquid to the carpet and leave for 5 minutes.
- Take a soft brush and gently clean the carpet.
- We take clean rags and wipe the carpet. It is advisable to use white cloths to determine how thoroughly the dirt can be removed from the coating.
- We are waiting for complete drying. This method allows you to clean the carpet without using a vacuum cleaner.
We hope you have been helped by our tips, and be sure to use them while cleaning your carpet or strip. These methods may not work on carpets made of natural materials, so delicate care is best trusted by dry cleaning professionals. Good luck!