We are going to clarify this doubt and we will tell you five other advantages that will lead your business to have order and cleanliness in the office.
Benefits of maintaining order and cleanliness in the officeBy implementing order and cleanliness in your office you will have the ideal work area for you and your employees. For this reason, with a professional office cleaning you can enjoy the following advantages:
1. A clean office is synonymous with greater productivityImagine working in an office where the disorder reigns. Impossible to carry out a task quickly right? Therefore, maintaining order and cleanliness in the office is one of the first things you should do if you want to improve the productivity of your employees.
By giving them a workplace where they feel comfortable, they will begin to increase their work performance. In addition, the productivity of workers will be increased as having order and cleanliness in the office helps solve different problems such as absenteeism or occupational diseases.
2. Having order and cleanliness in the office decreases the waste of timeHaving an orderly and clean office will help you make better use of your time. This is due to the fact that when they need a document or tool to work there will be greater precision and they will not spend much time searching.
In a hypothetical case a person spends five minutes daily looking for some specific material that he needs for his task. Broadly speaking, it does not sound like a great waste of time, however, these five minutes every day, a month, represent an hour and a half of work.
Keep in mind that if the work area is very messy it can take even more than five minutes to find the necessary material for your day to day. For this reason, it is important that you allocate spaces for each tool and document that your equipment may need. In addition, you must teach your employees to respect the order of work material.
3. Increase security with order and cleanlinessThe order and cleanliness are part of the strategies of prevention of occupational risks in offices. You may wonder what the order and cleanliness in the office have to work accidents.
The relationship between these issues is very simple. Most accidents are due to lack of order and cleanliness. According to the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (OSHA), the main cause of accidents at work in all companies are slips, trips and falls.
We know that it is very difficult to make the office remain impeccable all the time to reduce occupational hazards in offices. But, the most effective solution to this problem is to hire an experienced professional cleaning company. In this way, you can always have your work areas clean and in good condition.
Another alternative is to instill in your employees the importance of having order and cleanliness in the office so that they themselves solve the problems that may arise every day. For example, if something accidentally dropped your water or coffee, I immediately dried it to prevent any of your classmates from slipping and being injured.
In addition, when cleaning the office, check that all spaces are properly marked and free all aisles or passageways to avoid crashes that may end in accidents.
Keep in mind that the prevention of such accidents is simple and economical. Implementing order and cleaning in the office will help you avoid legal problems in the future and prevent your employees from being injured.
4. Order and cleanliness in the office help reduce absenteeismThis advantage is related to the previous one. If the number of work accidents begins to decrease in your company, it means that your employees will also begin to miss less. In other words, if there are no injured workers, none of the members of your work team will be recovering at home for having suffered a work accident.
Having an orderly and clean office also helps reduce absenteeism because it improves the health of people in the office. Your employees spend more time in your office than in their homes in most cases. For this reason, if you offer them a space without bacteria or germs, you will help improve their health.
By eliminating the microorganisms that cause diseases in your office you will improve the health of your employees and reduce the chances of getting sick and infected in your facilities.
Remember that some bacteria and germs live up to 72 hours on the surfaces of your desk and computer
5. Having order in the workplace will help you keep your inventory updatedFinally, thanks to the fact that each of the work items has been assigned a corresponding place according to its characteristics and the frequency of use, it will be easier for you to carry out the inventory.
By having the work materials organized you will be able to keep a more rigorous and faster control of everything you have. This will let you know in time when an item is running out and you should replace it. In addition, you will avoid buying unnecessary items or those that could be damaged if they are stored too long.
And now... We have made clear the benefits and the importance of maintaining order and cleanliness in your company office.