A carpet is more than a piece that you saw your home and insulates it from the cold. On the carpet, your son plays with his first toys, you can sit on it with your friends, watch that movie, tell adventures. Your carpet is present in many moments of your life. But this piece has a very annoying problem: cleaning.
It is not so much. Cleaning a carpet is simpler than it seems. It can be done with household products that we all have at home.
Learn to clean a dry carpetThere are different types of carpets: carpets that cover the entire room, carpet type carpet that covers a certain area, of cut hair, of combined braided hair, of wool, nylon, polyester, jute and countless types for their fabric or by how it was manufactured. Although the products listed below are homemade, you must take into account the type of fiber on which you are going to work.
1. One of the simplest and very effective methods for wool rugs is the use of baking soda. This technique consists of covering the carpet with baking soda and letting it work for one or two hours. Subsequently, the vacuum cleaner is used to remove dust. Baking soda also removes bad odors from the carpet. For that you have to let it act at least three hours.
2. You can also clean and disinfect your carpet with salt . You have to cover the carpet completely and roll it up for a few hours. Then it will be enough to pass the vacuum cleaner to make it perfect.
3. Another option is specific carpet cleaning products . These products are made with a powder solvent that removes dirt. Just throw it on the stain, let it act and vacuum later.
4. Another way to clean it is to use a solution made with a dishwasher , a few drops of ammonia and warm water. This mixture is used with a sprayer, so as not to soak the carpet, and rub it with a cloth.
5. You can use water and other detergents but, if you soak the carpet, you will need at least two days to dry it well. This is not recommended if you do not have a good place to leave it hanging and well ventilated.
Professional carpet cleaning servicesIf you don't have too much time you can always turn to a professional . A dry cleaning service can be the easiest and is not that expensive. It is the most advisable in case of difficult stains that we do not know how to remove. There are companies that collect and deliver the carpets at home. These companies not only clean the carpet, they also disinfect it, deodorize it and comb it.
There are dry cleaners that offer cleaning service at home . This cleaning is done with specific machinery to clean upholstery. A very practical service if what you have is a carpet or if you cannot give up your carpet for a couple of days.
Your carpet is a unique piece, gives a special touch to your home and is full of memories: you deserve to take care of it in an appropriate way.