During the mesothelioma development research, the experts found the new clinical treatments which help to reduce the pain and other symptoms in spite of uncomfortable methods.
What are the latest developments in the treatment of mesothelioma dealing with the therapy? Check the following descriptions.
5 New Therapies of Mesothelioma Treatments
1. Gene TherapyIt is a clinical experiment that injects the modified gene to fight the mesothelioma cells. It has been considered an ally to the body's immune system. So, when asbestos enters into the body, the genes tend to divide and become defective. Gene therapy will fix the broken and cancerous cells, instead of attacking both the healthy and defective cells.
2. Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)PDT is a light-based treatment for mesothelioma and uses photosensitizing agents together with the specific light wavelengths to attack and kill the mesothelioma cells. It is used after the mesothelioma surgery that may be used by the doctors. It acts as a stimulant after the tumor removal to treat the lung surface.
3. ImmunotherapyThe patients of mesothelioma usually experience a decrease in immune system. The immunotherapy is applied for treating the other cancer types by increasing the immune system so that it will fight the pathogens off.
4. SMART TherapySMART stands for Surgery for Mesothelioma After Radiation Therapy. Its goal is reducing the spread of tumors through the radiation. It is used along with the extrapleural pneumonectomy.
5. VirotherapyThis method applies the genetical viruses to fight off the cancer cells to maintain healthy cells during the treatment. In other words, the therapy only kills the specific cancerous cells instead of healthy cells and improves the chance to survival.
All of the latest developments in the treatment of mesothelioma have been tested on clinical trials throughout the United States and other countries. You may participate one of them, but you should consult with your doctor first since all of them have not yet been approved by the FDA.