Mesothelioma Information as a Worldwide Disease PhenomenonMesothelioma Information as a Worldwide Disease Phenomenon
Mesothelioma is a rare and challenging disease which is still being researched by medical science. It cannot be denied if mesothelioma is an extreme disease which is spread in the United States and Australia as a result of plenty of asbestos exposures.
The first mesothelioma incidence was discovered in the mid-80-s and continues until now with the global result that 14,000 people are diagnosed with mesothelioma every year. If one is diagnosed with mesothelioma, pay attention to the following mesothelioma information which is important to know due to some helpful and real facts.
Mesothelioma Facts and Symptoms Information
- Mesothelioma is a disease caused by asbestos which is defined as a specific mineral used in a number of industrial and military sites in the United States. In the United States, the U.S. Navy and on ships are where asbestos exposes rapidly.
- Every year around 2,500 Americans diagnosed with mesothelioma. Their life still depends on the research and usually, the life expansion span is only more than five years. That's the longest, while the most frequent, it is between a year or a year and a half.
- There are four mesothelioma types diagnosed on the patients: pleural (lungs), pericardial (heart), peritoneal (abdominal), and testicular (testes). The most common of them are pleural and peritoneal.
- The major risk of mesothelioma is asbestos exposure which comes with a latency period. The latency period means the symptoms of the disease appear after decades between two and five decades. We can see that the mesothelioma is found on elder people.
2. The SymptomsDue to the different types of mesothelioma, the symptoms occurred are also different. Be aware of the symptoms and signs are shown and take the early curing treatment.
- PleuralIt is like flu or pneumonia symptoms such as a frequent cough, pain in the chest, and short breathing.
- PeritonealPain in the abdomen, bowel obstruction, diarrhea, or constipation is considered the symptoms.
- PericardialIrregular heartbeat, chest pains, hard breathing, palpitations, fatigue, fever and night sweat.
The mesothelioma information is important to be informed among the workers around asbestos exposure. With the familiar information, it is expected to prevent the worse effect.