How to Overcome a BetrayalThe human being can experience a wide catalog of sensations throughout his life. Betrayal is a form of deception since those who feel victimized by a situation of this type believe that they have been cheated emotionally. The pain of betrayal is directly related to the degree of intimacy reached with that person who has been the main cause of this disenchantment.
In Transkerja.com, we tell you how to overcome a betrayal so as not to let this pain become an excuse to close your heart to others. That this has happened to you does not mean that I have to come back to you.
You may also be interested: How to overcome the death of a loved one
5 tips to overcome feelings of betrayalHere are some practical tips to know how to overcome a betrayal in your life:
1. Accept what has happenedThe best way to turn the page after a betrayal is to assume and assimilate the events as they happened. It is not positive that you recreate in what has happened but it is also good to avoid the opposite point of ignoring the situation. What is a betrayal for you? Beyond the meaning of this term, this experience acquires a particular vision from the point of view of each affected person.
2. Carry out a grieving processThere are different types of mourning emotions. In a betrayal there is a kind of death. For example, the confidence you had in that person. It is likely that you need to take some time to integrate this new information into your world map, saying goodbye to the image you had of that person before this happened.
3. Analyze what your expectations wereAll that does not mean that that person is not valuable or that you have to cut the link permanently. In fact, it is recommended that you reflect on what were the expectations that you had deposited in this story. For example, if you observed that friend or loved one as someone perfect, then it is inevitable that you will be disappointed because no one manages to live up to such high requirements.
4. Talk to that personCommunication in the couple facilitates understanding and allows you to confront hypotheses and assumptions through the voice of that person who as protagonist shares with you his experience, his intentions, his reflections and his feelings. That is to say, when you throw that person you realize that, although he was wrong to act in that way, it was not his intention to hurt you.
5. ForgivenessIt is true that forgiveness is not a simple experience on many occasions. Fortunately, many facts do not have such magnitude or seriousness that forgiveness supposes a prolonged emotional conflict over time. Forgiveness is a decision that makes you feel free because it allows you to be above that situation that you consider a betrayal.
The capacity for forgiveness depends not only on the characteristics and circumstances of that betrayal, but also on personal capacity. And in relation to this point, it is very important to have an attitude of humility. For example, remember those moments when you felt really good to be forgiven for an error. That which you consider a betrayal is possible that it is only a failure.
Feeling betrayed by your partner: consequencesBetrayal can occur in a family bond, in the relationship of a couple or in a friendship. In any circumstance, it hurts. Why can it generate such an emotional storm in the life of the affected? Next, if you want to know how to overcome a betrayal, you must know the negative consequences of this.
The betrayal puts in question the own relationThat is to say, those who have felt cheated interpret the history of that link from the new light of disenchantment by integrating what happened in the filter of their experiences. Therefore, this situation touches the heart of the trust you have placed in a person. Trust, in a way, is an act of faith. Therefore, when a betrayal occurs, this fact acts as a test that breaks with that faith.
It is an intimate feelingThe nature of the betrayal connects with the own assertiveness of one who feels cheated as such. That is, even if the other person explains the reasons why he acted in a certain way, wanting to show that he did not act with bad intention, if his internal feelings are those of someone who has felt betrayed, it is appropriate to act with respect to that pain internal because it is the heart that speaks from the impact suffered.
How to overcome an infidelity or betrayal according to psychology: 5 lessonsSometimes, the nature of the betrayal can be defined as an infidelity, whatever the case, if you want to overcome a betrayal, you must know these life lessons:
- You have resources and tools to overcome this situation. And if you think that you lack some type of resource to face it, you can develop it from now on.
- We all make mistakes, people are wrong. Sometimes, the end of a relationship from what is experienced as a betrayal shows the low tolerance towards the error that produces a perfectionist mentality. Life and relationships demand an attitude of excellence that the human being can also be wrong or not live up to what was expected of him.
- It is worse to commit a betrayal than to suffer it. The very act of committing a betrayal connects with the author of that work. His whole being is not reduced to this action, however, it is a manifestation of the moment he is going through.
- Sometimes, it is possible to overcome a betrayal by making a story stronger based on what happened. However, if that happens, both should do their part to make it happen. Discover here how to overcome an infidelity and continue with your partner.
- The worst punishment that a person can suffer after committing a betrayal is to be aware of what they have done and that they have damaged the trust of someone they love. That is, this is a burden that connects with the self-consciousness of an act of its own characterized as unfair.