What are precision planetary gearboxesThe planetary gears precision are a type of mechanical gear. They are systems of gears that allow the change of speed of operation of the electric motors. They vary the speed for which they were originally designed. They are also called epicyclic gears.
The machines with motor coupled to operate need that the speed of this one adapts to the necessary one for an optimum operation. There are also other factors to consider, such as mechanical power, thermal and mechanical performance (static and dynamic).
The system of precision planetary gearboxesThe system of precision planetary gearboxes has three key elements. Ordered from entry to exit are:
- the central gear (also called Sun)
- the planet carrier (piece that holds the rest of the gears called satellites or planets)
- the central crown (or inner ring).
One of those components remains stationary, one of the remaining two is the input and the last component is the output.
The connecting shaft of the motor connects with the main or central gear and is responsible for transmitting the power that causes the rotational movement to the planet carrier (with all the consequent gears). These rotate on the last part of the system, the central crown, transmitting the movement to the output shaft of the reducer through a large number of teeth of all those gears and slowing down.
Regarding the types of planetary gearboxes of precision, they can be: of one or several stages of reduction (they reduce more the speed). Another classification separates them from the helical gears. These increase the contact surface compared to the straight gear. Thus they achieve a smaller system and lower noise.
The cylindrical shape of these reducers gives them versatility and precision. Thus, they have a great affinity with all kinds of spaces. And that guarantees adaptability that many companies need.
Why choose precision planetary gearboxes over other gearboxes?
- They have a very high performance . You can reach 100% of this, depending on the reduction ratio.
- This system admits high radial loads .
- The design of this type of reducers is small, compact .
- Due to the large number of teeth they have in contact they are able to transfer more torque than other reducers. They are also able to withstand greater torque for the same reason.
- Its use in the industry is becoming more widespread and, therefore, designs are improved.
- Generally, a conventional reducer of parallel arrows in high torque applications must resort to crown / chain arrangements. That implies more size and the use of specific lubricants for the crown / chain arrangement while planetary precision reducers do not.
- A greater torque is achieved in a smaller dimension .
- These reducers have a higher axial and radial loading speed . The latter indicates that they offer perfect repeatability. And, in addition, they also maintain a solidity so deep that it completely avoids misalignment of the gear.
- The positioning of these is more precise.