Tecam Group designs, manufactures, markets and installs equipment for the treatment of emissions of Volatile Organic Compounds or VOCs through Regenerative Thermal Oxidation (RTO).
Solution designed for:
- Air volumes from 10,000 to 100,000 m3 / h
- Concentrations of solvents from medium to high
- Treat a wide variety of solvents
- Adaptable to low, medium and high air flows
- Wide variety of Volatile Organic Compounds or VOCs to be treated
- Low operating and maintenance cost
- High thermal efficiency
- Does not generate any waste
- Energy recovery generated for external processes
Technical characteristics:The Regenerative Thermal Oxidation (RTO) equipment consists of vertical towers that contain a ceramic bed where the oxidation of the solvents takes place. The internal insulation of the tower and the combustion chamber, together with the use of the most evolved ceramic materials, result in low gas consumption of the equipment for the treatment of Volatile Organic Compounds emissions.
A conical shut-off valve system achieves a very high purification efficiency, thus preventing untreated air leaks. This exclusive valve system also allows the equipment to remain closed during the night or weekend shift, which allows the customer to maintain a high temperature inside the equipment and therefore an early start-up, with low equipment consumption.
- Volume of air to be treated: 10,000 - 100,000 m3 / h
- Maximum concentration of solvents: 11,000mg / Nm3
- Concentration of solvents for autothermic operation: 1.3-1.7 g / Nm3
- Operating temperature of the equipment: 750ºC
- Maximum concentration at the exit
- Long lasting ceramic
- 200 mm internal insulation for energy saving
- Thermal Efficiency> 95%
Regenerative thermal oxidizing agents (RTOs) are used to clean emissions streams saturated with volatile organic substances (VOCs) and hazardous air pollutants (ODS), which are formed as a result of chemical processes and are present in industrial emissions. This technology is designed for large volumes of emissions that have a low level of concentration of pollutants and, therefore, are ineffective for processing using a direct-acting thermal oxidizer.
The design of the PTO differs from the design of recuperative thermal oxidizing agents by the absence of tubular or shell-and-tube heat exchangers for heating or cooling gas flows. Instead of dumping clean and hot air into the atmosphere, the PTO is able to utilize up to 95% of the heat. Another difference is that the effluent stream can be directed to another part of the process for its further use.
The two most common types of regenerative thermal oxidizing agents are two-chamber and three-chamber. There are also systems with three or more cameras for more complex applications.
How does a regenerative bicameral thermal oxidizer work?
Regenerative thermal oxidizers with two chambers have a low capital cost ratio, require more thorough maintenance due to the presence of moving parts in their design, but at the same time the destruction efficiency of harmful substances up to 98-99% is achieved.
The process emission stream enters one of the preheated filtration ceramic layers. Preheating the bed reduces the amount of auxiliary fuel gas that would be required to operate the unit. Next, the flow enters the combustion chamber. After the oxidation process occurs in the combustion chamber, the exhaust gas passes through the second filtration ceramic layer, where the gas is cooled, transferring part of its heat to the ceramic filler layer. The changeover valves are designed to direct the flow of gas from one filtrational ceramic layer to another to heat or cool the processed emission stream. This type of oxidizing agent operates at extremely high temperatures - about 815 ° C.
Regenerative thermal oxidizer is so effective in the regeneration of waste heat that it is able to maintain the necessary temperature in the combustion chamber only due to the oxidation energy of VOC.
Why choose regenerative thermal oxidizer?
- Compared to other emission control technologies, regenerative thermal oxidizers (PTOs) are especially reliable and have low maintenance costs.
- Efficiency efficiency of energy consumption is about 95% and even, in some cases, 99%, which significantly reduces fuel consumption.
- Suitable for many applications.
- Simplicity of design.
- High level of destruction of VOC.
- Low emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx).
- The ideal solution for continuous operation.